Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weddings- Oklahoma-style

So, I went to a wedding yesterday-- an Oklahoma wedding, and it was awesome!  I got to dance the night away with my sweetheart, and I had a blast.  There was plenty of great Mexican food and chocolate to go around too :)  In fact, I think it was the most fun I've ever had at a wedding.  Why?  Because things were arranged so there wasn't any of this "waiting around" business, like I usually experience at weddings. 

What made this "Oklahoma" wedding different though?  Well, most notably, the footwear, at least at first glance.  It's not uncommon there to see men in nice dress shirts with suit jackets and jeans sporting cowboy boots.  It may sound odd, but in Oklahoma, it fits.  The men in the wedding party were all dressed to a "T" and had 1950's style tennis shoes on with their dress clothes. Knowing my family as I do, this fits and they pulled it off with class.

The bride looked like she'd stepped out of a fashion magazine and the ceremony was outdoors with white Christmas-style lights.  As soon as it was over, there was great food and wine and when we'd finished that, the photo booth in which one could sport funky fashion accessories, was something fun to do while the dancing got going.

All-in-all, a great time, and we didn't even get lost on our way to Luther, Oklahoma traveling the red dirt roads.  Red because of the high amount of iron oxide in the area.  Hats off to my cousin and his new wife for throwing a great party, a beautiful ceremony, and a wonderful, memorable evening.  I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment