Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rain, Paris & Chocolate

I know. I've been told it isn't typical for it to rain almost continually in Paris, but hey, I lived there for about six weeks and it was overcast and rained almost the whole time, and that was in August and September.  I don't want to date myself, so I won't mention the year. Let's just say that it was a while back :)

This morning it's raining in Missouri.  This isn't all bad. Can I take the kids to the beach today? No, obviously not, but hey, my windows are open and the AC is off so I'm saving on my electric bill.  I've learned to appreciate the small miracles in life.

I'm sitting here across from the love of my life, drinking coffee, wanting a baguette or chocolate-filled croissant (pain au chocolat) something terrible.  Maybe later in the day I'll be able to get one. 

I want to walk through the Jardin du Luxembourg, umbrella in hand, eating chocolate.  I miss ducking into one beautiful church after another as I made my way across the Latin Quarter in the rain, trying to stay dry while seeing the best free tourist attractions the city had to offer.

One day, but not today.  For now, I'll have to be content blogging about it, and if you live there, feel free to tweet me photos from the beautiful city from time to time. They're always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment