Sunday, July 21, 2013

Library Books, the Holy Grail, & the Pit of Doom

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that for at least three weeks now, I've been searching for elusive library books.  In fact, there were five library books MIA at my home, now there are only two, so I suppose that's an improvement.  That doesn't change the fact, however, that I still have my library privileges revoked until such books are returned and late fees paid, or I pay the replacement cost.  Since I know they are in my possession, I'm determined to find them, and, to be honest, at this point, I'm on a mission to find them.  Failure is not an option, or as Yoda says, "There is no try, only do."

Anyway, I've gutted all of my kids' bedrooms at this point, to no avail.  Yes, I did ask the kids to look for the books first, but they didn't find them either.  So I took a stab at it, and that's what led to the "discovery" of the three.

So, I've determined, after great effort and searching, that I might as well be looking for the Holy Grail. In fact, it makes the quest to find such books a bit more exciting when I have images and music from Indiana Jones movies going through my head.  So the search goes on...

And the "Pit of Doom" you ask?  I almost forgot.  That's the name I give my sons' bedroom, and believe me the name did fit, but no longer.  Now it actually looks respectable.  The only question is, how long will it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment