Friday, May 24, 2013

Footloose & (Almost) Technology Free


Though this won’t be posted until I’m back among civilization, I’m writing from one of those rare areas with no wifi and very erratic cell phone service, otherwise known as---Paradise.  Don’t get me wrong, I love being able to keep in touch with everyone I know easily and often, however, it’s also amazingly refreshing to just “get away from it all” for a while too.

As I write this, I’m looking out an open window, overlooking the lake, listening to the last drops of the rather strong rain we just had, and the sky is golden, really golden, and it’s truly breathtaking. 

My kids are playing in the next room. We managed to have s’mores over a campfire before the downpour really came, and though the car got stuck in the mud, we’ll get it pulled out tomorrow or the next day, and it’s not like we don’t have everything we need here anyway.

I’m having all sorts of technical issues with a book right now, and since there’s nothing at all that I can do about it, I might as well just enjoy my vacation from the world.

Our car was packed to capacity, so much so that you had to be really careful when opening the back doors, otherwise everything would fall out on you.  The floorboards were full of stuff too, and at the moment I’m grateful that my children aren’t any taller.  If they were, I’d have gotten a lot of complaints about lack of leg room.

Yep, I’m truly in the middle of nowhere and loving it!  No video games, television, or other electronic irritants.  No one is calling, occasionally I can check Twitter on my phone, but that service is spotty at best, and basically I get to hang out, eat s’mores, read, hike, fish, swim, and canoe for a week, without interruption.  Life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment