Friday, May 3, 2013

"Caskets--We Deliver"

Recently, while traveling, I saw the weirdest business advertisement that I believe I've ever seen.  It was a huge sign on the side of a building stating, "Caskets--We Deliver."

Now, I know that many people need caskets, but this appeared to be a sign on the side of a casket retailer building, not a funeral home.   To boot, it was in the middle of nowhere. 

The first thing that came to my mind was, of course, is there a large vampire population around here?  I mean really, as far as I know, most people have handle caskets along with the rest of the preparation of a body, etc. at the local funeral home.

I suppose there could be a demand for people who want to buy caskets ahead of time to save their loved ones money at the time of their demise.  Still, a casket takes up a lot of room.  How many people really have room to store one.  I mean really, what are you going to do, put it on the living room floor and use it as a coffee table until the day you kick the bucket?

Still, it looked to me like an advertisement that belonged in the middle of an episode of "The Vampire Diaries," or reruns of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."  Let's face it, the supernatural alternatives are much more entertaining than the mundane ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment